Practice Makes Perfect Events
Practice Makes Perfect Training for Maryland’s Immunization Professionals
A FREE training series for immunization providers offering instruction on vaccine administration, storage, and handling.
Practice Makes Perfect is a FREE, half‐day training session that provides an overview of
topics that are important to safely and effectively providing immunizations, including:
▪ Vaccine recommendations for children, adolescents, and adults;
▪ Childcare and School Immunization Requirements;
▪ Vaccine Storage and Handling; and
▪ The Maryland Vaccines for Children Program.
All trainings are scheduled from 9:00 am ‐ 1:15 pm, unless otherwise noted. A
continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the general recommendations for childhood, adolescent, and adult immunizations.
• Identify contraindications and precautions to vaccination.
• Define key points to safe and effective vaccine administration.
• Describe vaccine storage and handling techniques.
• Define Maryland Vaccines for Children Program guidelines.
• Define the vaccine requirements for childcare and school entry in the State of Maryland.
• Identify sources of reliable immunization information.
Physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, paraprofessionals, pharmacists,
health educators and their colleagues who either administer vaccines or set vaccine policy
for their offices, clinics, or communicable disease or infection control personnel.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Maryland Nurses
Association, an accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s
Commission on Accreditation. This activity is approved for 3 contact hours.